Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pack a Bag!

Today I am 37 weeks. She is due in only 3 weeks! It's sort of crazy. I don't know if I am ready, but I guess I'm close to as ready as I'll ever be. I realized that I really need to pack my bag for the hospital. In all reality she could come any time now. All of my books have different lists. Some say to pack everything following the boyscout model to "be prepared", while others say to be sparing because you won't need and don't want to carry much. What do I really need and not need? I welcome the advice of those of you who have been there and done that!

5 comments:

  1. I think I got my list from babycenter.com. It was mostly the essentials (ie: maternity gown and robe, pillow, nursing bras, loose pair of cloths to go home in, toiletries,music, boppy,hand sanitizer, a picture to look at that is calming, a pair of clothes for baby, car seat all ready for baby girl, suckers to suck on for moisture, snacks for Josh and his own pillow etc.) it seems like a lot but it is all a must. I would bring a reuasable bag to have on hand to carry home any gifts and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a blog and she took a brightly colored pillow case on her pillow because somebody told her people would take a million pictures with you looking tired and it would help perk you up in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends baked cookies for the nurses and froze them for her nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, definitely bring some food for Josh. A friend of mine had a baby daddy almost pass out because of no food and you know ... the exertion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lanolin nursing cream also really helped me at first to prevent soreness.

    ReplyDelete