As part of our desire to have a natural labor and delivery, we have come up with a birth plan*. Our doula encouraged us to keep it fairly simple, but that was difficult for me. In case you didn't know, I am a detail oriented person who likes to have everything under control. :) I want to put every little thing in there. As I worked on the plan I tried to think of my three main goals.- To let labor and delivery happen naturally.
- To have as little medical intervention as possible.
- To keep my daughter with me as much as possible.
Realistically though, I know that this is one situation where I'm going to have to be flexible. Baby girl Hall is really going to be running this show and I hope and pray that I'll be able to just relax and let her.
*You can check out a copy of the first draft of the birth plan by clicking on the link to the right. This is just a first draft and still needs to be reviewed with our midwife and doula.*
No comments:
Post a Comment