Tuesday, September 21, 2010

D Day

Well, today is supposedly my due date, but I would be shocked if she makes it. That's the funny thing about babies. They are really tiny, but totally have a mind of their own! It's sort of funny all of the different suggestions that people have for ways to make her come (spicy food, jumping up and down, cleaning, sex, etc.) and the predictions they have of when she will come (full moon, weekend, Tuesdays, their birthday, etc.) In reality, I think she will just come when she is ready. I have to admit, though, that both Josh and I are struggling to be patient.

Honestly, it's really cute to see how excited Josh is getting. Some of the women in his office brought him a baby girl doll today to take care of until our actual daughter gets here. He swaddled her and let her sleep in a box in his office! He said she was really good and never cried. I told him not to get too spoiled by that because our real daughter might just cry! It's still really sweet because it actually made him more excited about our little one.

He's so excited, in fact, that he decided to go with me to my midwife appointment today just in case there was anything interesting going on. Sadly, there was not. Don't get me wrong...we are both relieved that nothing bad is going on. My blood pressure is normal. Her size and her heart rate are great. It's just hard to not know when she'll decide to come. It feels a bit like we have to put everything on hold, but I guess we should really just try to live our life as normally as possible. I guess it would be good to be surprised when she does decide to come, but I do hope to meet her soon!

P.S. I really hope it's not really October!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe we're just a few months behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you are both so excited. I can't wait to meet her soon either. Baby Hall is going to be so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was thinking about you three halls a lot today! :)

    ReplyDelete