Monday, September 6, 2010

Blogging About Being Too Tired to Blog

Well, I have many things that I want to post about, but I'm feeling down right exhausted. I told Josh earlier that I was even feeling too tired to blog and he said I should blog about that, so here goes! :) Here are the high points from the last few days. Maybe I'll get up the energy to post about some of them in more detail at a later date.
  • Friday afternoon I had another visit with the acupuncturist/chiropractor that ended with me paying twice what I expected, driving home in tears, Josh on the phone with her, a $20 rebate and a vow to not return...Oh, and a hand that still hurts and now sore hips as well.
  • Saturday I washed all of the baby's laundry and did some shopping for a nursing gown and robe to pack in my hospital bag (which still isn't packed).
  • Sunday I got my hair cut and colored. I debated and researched the safety of hair dye and came to the conclusion that it was totally safe, and it was lovely to be pampered for two hours. I haven't had a chance to fix it myself yet and know for sure if I love it. Tomorrow will tell.
  • DRT played an event last night that was a lot of fun.
  • Today was a day of much nesting. We got a dishwasher (to be delivered Thursday). I folded and put away a mountain of baby clothes (seriously, I'll post pictures when we get them uploaded). Josh put together the pack 'n play and installed the car seat, and we ordered the things from our registry that we need, but didn't get.
  • Some friends think I've "dropped" and am going to have the baby soon, but I'm not sure. Last night I got really sad thinking about not being pregnant any more, today I'm exhausted with my big body and excited to meet her. It's a roller coaster.
  • There has been much debate over the baby's middle name, which still isn't resolved.
  • I've had some strange dreams about the baby.
  • My feet are swelling, seriously swelling.
  • I wanted Josh to take some pictures of me now that I am really big, but I feel all swollen and not my most beautiful.
  • I found out they do have a sub for me at work but haven't met him/her yet. Hopefully I will soon, because I'm not sure how much longer I'll be working. I feel totally unmotivated to be there or do the things I need to do.
  • I feel like there are a hundred things that need to be done, but I have no energy to do them. I thought I was supposed to get a burst of nesting energy?!?!
  • Our families are very excited and demanding daily updates. Do they really think we'll forget to call?
  • I'm trying not to get it into my head that it's going to be really soon. It could be, but it could also be weeks.
  • I'm getting a little nervous about the labor, delivery, and parenting part of all of this. Strangely, I've not really thought ahead much!
I apologize for this list being a bit random and manic, I guess it reflects how I've been feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you lots. I'll keep thinking :D

    Congrats on all the things you have got done. I wish I could be there to help.

    ReplyDelete