As of today, I am six days late and there don't really seem to be any signs of Baby Hall. This cartoon is so true, it's not even funny! I think we are all, especially the soon to be grandparents, getting very excited.Since I am almost a week late, we are scheduled for a non-stress test at 2:30 today which, frankly, is causing me some stress. It's funny. I don't mind waiting at all for her to come. In fact, I'm feeling surprisingly patient, but, what I am afraid of, is that the fact she is late will lead to more chance of unnecessary medical interventions.
There is a part of me that is scared that I'll go in for that test today and they won't let me come home. On the other hand, I feel selfish for thinking that because if they don't I'm sure it's for the baby's health and that is ultimately and significantly more important than doing things "my way". Perhaps that is part of what I'm really afraid of, that something will be wrong.
Grrr...despite my efforts to be rational about it all, I feel the crazies setting in a bit. Please pray, if you are praying folk, that everything will be fine today and that labor will start on it's own soon!
I will be thinking of you lots. My favorite bible verse ever: Do not be afraid for I am with you.
ReplyDelete