Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Trip to the ABC Store!

Yesterday Josh and I attended an Italian themed dinner party for our friend Daniel. Somehow this pregnant lady got signed up to bring the aperitif (or pre-dinner drink). Needless to say, this was mostly Josh's project, but, since I was already running errands, I agreed to stop at the ABC store for some ingredients.

It was a hilarious experience. As I wandered the isles looking for Lemoncello, I got quite a few strange looks. Then, at the checkout, the clerk asked me "What are you baking with this?" I think she was offering me an out, a chance to explain why, at eight months pregnant, I was buying liquor. Without thinking, I responded "Oh, we are just going to drink it." To which she gave me a shocked look. Part of me thought that I should say something along the lines of "well not me, of course," but I thought it was funnier to just take my brown bag and walk out of the store!

What is interesting is that this is the time in pregnancy when it is considered by some safe to drink. Josh, however, has recently been hanging out with some toxicologists and doing experiments with alcohol and fish and would only let me have a few drops of the lemoncello, which was delicious!

1 comment: