Monday, August 9, 2010

"Count Your Blessings... Literally... With a Spread Sheet."

I've been trying to get this posted for a few days now, but have been too busy running around having fun with my dear friend Star!

This past week, Josh and I attended the Global Leadership Summit, a leadership conference for business and church leaders. While sitting for two days was a bit rough on my back, it was well worth it to gain insight from some amazing world leaders. One thing that one of the speakers said has really resonated with me this weekend. He said that it was very important to "Count your blessings...literally...with a spread sheet." Now, I'm not quite a big enough dork to make a spread sheet, but I do feel very blessed.

I am blessed to be eight months pregnant and feeling really great.

I am blessed to receive many wonderful and beautiful gifts for our little girl, several of them hand made by my super talented friends and family.

I am blessed with a sweet husband who worked hard this week on his "honey do" list and who can't wait to meet his daughter.

I am blessed to have an amazing family on both sides that love and support Josh and I, and who we actually really look forward to spending time with (I know this is rare).

I am blessed by a wonderful community of friends who feel like family.

I am blessed to have a nice place to live complete with a wildlife filled back yard for my little one to play in as she grows.

I am blessed to have a job I find fulfilling and look forward to, but which will allow me paid time off to be with my baby.

I am blessed to have an active baby who, while I think she might be a ninja later in life, reassures me with her constant movement.

I am blessed to live in an area of the world where healthy food and good medical care of many varieties are easily available to help me have a healthy and safe pregnancy.

I am blessed to have a God in my life who knows everything about me and loves me any way, a God who loves, protects, and knows my little girl even though she's not here yet.

I am blessed in many other ways that my pregnant brain can't even think of.

I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment