One of the gifts that baby girl Hall (I know...it would be easier if we shared her name, but it's fun to have a surprise) got this weekend at the shower was especially special. Her Grana, my mom, made her a special quilt. At some point in my life my mom began making quilts. I think it started with simple "lap quilts" for our long car rides to Florida so no one would complain about being cold.But this latest quilt is different. It's special. It is made from beautiful fabrics and quilted with an amazing swirl pattern (thanks to a family friend with a fancy quilting machine). I love that mom chose colors that are girly without being baby. I know that this is more than just something that will keep our little girl warm. It is something she will treasure all her life because it was made by her Grana with love!
So pretty!!! I love the colors.
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMelissa