Ok, so I have to be honest...I am NOT looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I feel bad for saying that since I've had three months off and I know I'm probably going to only work a month or so, but the end of summer has really sneaked up on me. A few weeks ago, summer felt endless. Sure I had a to do list, but there was plenty of time to get it all done. Now, I am feeling quite stressed. There is still quite a long list of things to accomplish before the baby comes and I am afraid that now that I'm working all day I will not have the energy to get any of it done at night. I guess I'll still have the weekends, but there are only five of those before her due date. What if she comes early?!? I still have no dresser or sheets for the crib and cradle. I need to wash and sort all of her clothes. We need to write our birth plan and pack our bag for the hospital. The ceiling fan in our bedroom needs to be hung. There are no curtains or artwork in the nursery yet (thanks to my delay, not my amazing friends who are creating for me). The list goes on and on!
I'm sure we'll get some of it done, and people assure me that I'll never really feel ready for her. I've also been told it will be good to work and keep myself from dwelling on how long it's taking her to arrive. While that may be true, and realistically I know that the time I have had off is a luxury most women don't ever get, it doesn't make my sadness and stress any less. Sometimes I wish I lived in a time and/or place where pregnancy and child birth were seen as a time when a woman isn't expected to also work, but I'll save my real rant on that for another post. For now, I'm off to bed. I have to be up early :(
P.S. Upon re-reading this post it sounds a bit whiny...Sorry, but I guess that's part of keeping it real. Tonight I feel whiny!
We have lots of clean, soft, baby-friendly sheets and blankets that are both cradle and crib friendly - I'll bring some by later :-) There. Check one off the list.
ReplyDeleteI would wash and sort clothes if I was closer! However, there is going to be a package coming soon from the Fent family! Hang on there. It will all get done, this is the nesting mode! Wish I could help out!
ReplyDeleteTake it easy!
April