*Warning: This post contains graphic poop related details. :)Lily has gotten to the point that she usually only has a poopy diaper every three or four days. I have no idea why, but my pediatrician assures me that if it's not overly firm (which certainly isn't the case) or she doesn't seem to be straining, it's not a problem. In fact, you would think it's nice to have so few to change.
The bigger problem, however, lies in the shear volume of those poops when they finally arrive. Today we happened to be having dinner at a friend's house who also has a baby. I took Lily into her changing table to change her only to discover that she was covered from her belly button to her knees in poop! I ended up stripping her down and getting her in their bathtub! What a mess!
While many of her bi-weekly poops result in a bath, this one was particularly messy. This might be due to the fact that in an effort to help her be more regular (since she does get gassy and uncomfortable after a few days) I've been giving her some baby food prunes. I'm not sure if I'll keep that up!
Hilariously, another friend was at my house earlier today hanging out with Annie and Lily when her four month old son had a diaper blow out that resulted in me needing to wash my changing pad cover and bouncy seat!
On a side note - I found enjoyed this cartoon because I don't like the diaper genie. We have one and use it, but I feel like it gets full really fast and is no better at containing diaper smells than my regular trash can. I'm just saying...
Jillian had the too few poops problem though she'd get upset after only a day of not going. Granted, she's been on formula since birth...but anyway....we decided to use infant probiotics. She gets them daily and poops 1-2 times daily now. The intro of green beans to her diet produced particularly nasty poops but not increased frequency. Anyway, probiotics was a good alternative for us to keep her comfy and not have to use medicine. Sometimes she'll leak out of the diaper but she doesn't usually have the massive explosions that are caused by skipping a few days.
ReplyDelete