Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shopping Spree

After a delightful brunch with friends yesterday, Josh agreed to watch Lily while I did a little clothes shopping. It was wonderful. I have not had many good shopping experiences since Lily was born. With her in tow it is tough to try things on, so I've often bought things without trying them on only to get home and discover I don't like them and have to take them back.

Yesterday I was able to take my time and try things on and actually find things that make me feel cute. Much to my surprise I was able to wear pants a size smaller than I had expected and also needed a smaller size in some tops. I have a suspicion that this particular store sizes things big, but I'll take it. It was so nice to feel good in clothes. I got one pair of pants, one skirt, and five tops!

Trying on clothes however, led to me feeling the need for some new "real" bras. I've been wearing sports bra style nursing bras or tanks since Lily arrived, but realized that a normal bra with more support actually makes a difference under my clothes. I headed to Destination Maternity where they had a buy three get one free sale on all nursing bras. So of course I had to have four. I got three practical ones, and one "sexy" one. It was something of a pleasant surprise to realize that I now need bra that is two cup sizes larger than I was wearing before baby!

Overall, I spent way more than I should have, but it was so much fun to be out on my own, to not worry about the baby, and to find things that make me feel cute and even a little sexy. I realized I've been missing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment