Yesterday was Lily's six month checkup. She is doing great. She weighs 16lbs 9oz (75th percentile) and is almost 28in long (99th percentile).
Her head is still the 50th percentile which I think actually makes her look more proportioned than most babies. I was surprised that they made me fill out a check list of her development and actually had trouble answering some of the questions.One question asked if she could rake and
pick up a small crumb or cheerio. I had no idea. I thought I wasn't supposed to give her small
crumbs! Another question asked about if her feet were flat when you pulled her to standing. I felt slightly deficient because I had never noticed her feet position before. A friend said she thought they should give you that list ahead of time so you could put your baby through the tests and have a good answer! :)
Overall thought, Lily is doing great. She is growing and developing just as she should be. She really charmed the doctor and nurse with her sweet smile and chewing on her toes (which was accompanied by a giant fart while naked on the scale causing the nurse and I to
laugh which then made Lily giggle...super cute!)BTW...my amazing photographer friend Star was here a few weekends ago and took some really cute pictures. Here are a few of my favorite funny faces! Click on the picture for a larger image and check out facebook for more!
At Jillian's six month check, the doctor said they'd be getting out the "Denver Scale" at her next visit. If I wasn't a PA, I probably wouldn't know what she is talking about. I'm going to look ahead and make sure she's on target.
ReplyDelete