Friday, September 17, 2010

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding!

Last week a kind friend brought me a copy of this book, and I just started reading it tonight. It is published by La Leche League and is a self described "meeting in a book" set up like a gathering of women talking about their breastfeeding experiences and answering the most common questions.

I know this might sound crazy, but I am really, really excited about nursing my baby. I have read and heard a lot about it and the benefits to both baby and mother are huge. Beyond the financial, and physical, I really do believe there is an emotional component for both mother and baby. My favorite quote from the book says "bottle feeding fills her stomach, but breastfeeding fills her soul". I have to say that I really can't wait. I told Josh tonight that a big part of me pictures myself spending the first week(s) sitting around topless feeding our baby!

Don't worry...we will still receive some guests and I will use a nursing cover when company is over so no one is too uncomfortable...still...I'm super excited for this part of motherhood!

1 comment:

  1. In the last year I have seen one friend and one cousin breasts while breastfeeding so I'm okay with it :D I even did some photos tonight of one of them breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete