This week, well, actually Tuesday of this week...I'm late...I am 38 weeks. Wow! I was born at 38 weeks. At my midwife appointment this week we talked about induction if I go past. That is sort of crazy, but it made me realize that I am going to have this baby...soon. I do finally feel like most of the practical things are in order. Our house is ready. The car seat is installed. I have talked to my substitutes (yes, there will be two, but It'll be fine) Our bag isn't quite packed, but the things to pack in it are set out ready to pack. We've programed the doula and midwife numbers into our phones.
What's strange is that I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready. There is a big part of me that is really sad about the loss of being pregnant. For the most part I have felt wonderful. It has been really fun. I think it's somewhat narcissistic. I have actually liked the attention. People treat you differently. They are kinder. They are helpful. They give you presents. Some are even brave enough to gently touch you. Strangers look at you like you are special and even beautiful. I like that. I'm going to miss that.
people will still treat you wonderfully when you have a beautiful newborn, it's when they're toddlers that they cringe when they see you coming!
ReplyDeleteYou were beautiful before you were pregnant. You will beautiful after. Your little girl will have one of the most beautiful moms.
ReplyDeleteI will still be brave enough to gently touch you. Then you can be pregnant again! Double win!
ReplyDelete