Let me start by saying a very Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's out their, especially mine!
For the last couple of years Mother's Day has been a strange holiday for me. Don't get me wrong, I have an amazing mom, Josh has an amazing mom, we both have amazing grandmothers, and we welcome any chance we can get to celebrate them. But, for me personally, it has been a rough day. I couldn't help but think about how much I wanted to be a mom, how if things were different with my first pregnancy I would be a mom. It was sad.
This Mother's Day is different. I certainly don't have that sadness. Instead, I feel hopeful, but it is still a strange day. Many people have asked Josh and I what he is doing for me to celebrate Mother's Day. Several people have commented about how this will be my first Mother's Day and have told me Happy Mother's Day. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
I'm not really superstitious, but something about it feels a little to me like celebrating the victory before the game is over. I know that at this point, the chances of something going wrong are slim, and I certainly don't believe that celebrating early will cause anything to go wrong. Still, I can't help by be a little cautious. I think I'd rather focus on looking forward to how amazing next Mother's Day will be, and spending this last one as just a daughter celebrating my mom.
For the last couple of years Mother's Day has been a strange holiday for me. Don't get me wrong, I have an amazing mom, Josh has an amazing mom, we both have amazing grandmothers, and we welcome any chance we can get to celebrate them. But, for me personally, it has been a rough day. I couldn't help but think about how much I wanted to be a mom, how if things were different with my first pregnancy I would be a mom. It was sad.This Mother's Day is different. I certainly don't have that sadness. Instead, I feel hopeful, but it is still a strange day. Many people have asked Josh and I what he is doing for me to celebrate Mother's Day. Several people have commented about how this will be my first Mother's Day and have told me Happy Mother's Day. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
I'm not really superstitious, but something about it feels a little to me like celebrating the victory before the game is over. I know that at this point, the chances of something going wrong are slim, and I certainly don't believe that celebrating early will cause anything to go wrong. Still, I can't help by be a little cautious. I think I'd rather focus on looking forward to how amazing next Mother's Day will be, and spending this last one as just a daughter celebrating my mom.
I know what you mean, sort of. There was the Mother's Day just before AJ came home, I had his referral and all, but I was still cautious, plenty of things could have gone wrong and I didn't feel quite in the right place to be celebrating motherhood.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, you're already a mother! You love your little girl with a mother's love. I'm sure it grows stronger by the day. Your daughter is nourished and protected by you. You have every reason to be celebrated!
*hugs!*
Oh, I feel bad now. :(
ReplyDelete