Monday, May 10, 2010

Feeling Movement

Like pretty much every mother to be, I've been anxiously awaiting those first little kicks and feelings of the baby moving. When we went for our ultrasound at 18 weeks she was definitely moving around and kicking up storm in the there, but I didn't feel it at all. I've read that with your first baby, it takes a while before you can feel it. Apparently it has something to do with all of those tight uterus muscles. My midwife told me not to expect to feel it until at least 20 weeks.

Well, I'm almost 21 weeks and I'm still not 100% sure what I'm feeling. I do think I can sometimes feel little flutter like feelings at night or the morning when I'm laying still and quiet. It's still very subtle, so subtle in fact that it's easy to think "maybe it's gas or my heartbeat being redirected". Yes, I've actually thought that. Still, I'm pretty sure it's her moving, and I love when I can feel it.

The bad thing is that now that I've started to feel it, I've started to get a bit nervous when I don't feel it. I'll have a morning or night when I can feel it pretty clearly, then a day or two will go by and I won't feel it. That is when I start to get anxious. I can't wait until it's a regular and strong feeling. Although strong kicks in the ribs or bladder may make me take that back in a few months!

I'm looking forward to my check up later this week, so I can hear her precious heart beat again. I think they make you have an appointment once a month for your sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment