Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Pregnancy Hormones...Continued

I wanted to give an update to all of my loyal readers. FYI, the pregnancy induced (at least that's what I'm claiming) craziness lasted most of the week. Josh and I were actually supposed to go to the beach this weekend, but all week I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not. I would get excited and look at hotels, then get stressed about the money, get excited about time alone with Josh, then get stressed about things I needed to do at home, have wonderful visions of walks on the beach at sunset, then just want to lay on the couch and watch TV all weekend. I wrote and printed lesson plans to be out Friday on Wednesday. On Thursday, I threw them away. Thursday night, I wrote other ones and printed them thinking I'd call my teaching partner and have her set things up. Seriously...I was crazy.

My amazing husband just continued to say "whatever you want, love, is fine with me". Of course, then I'd be upset that he wasn't just making the decision or feel like he really did have an opinion, but wouldn't tell me. None of this was helped by the fact that we both had a very busy week with work and social after work commitments. We never really had time to have a serious discussion before 10pm at which point I'm not even sane when I'm not pregnant. We finally decided not to go to the beach at around 6pm Thursday night, which is roughly the time we should have been leaving to go. Yep...crazy.

Today, though, I think we made the right decision. It was really nice to sleep in, wake up "snuggling", go to breakfast (I was craving Waffle House...whatever...I'm still not quite back up to my pre-pregnancy weight due to those rough first months, so I enjoyed my Texas toast melt!), do some much needed work around the house, go to a mid-day romantic comedy at the local theater, and have dinner with friends I've been missing. All in all, it was a great day, and I'm feeling much more sane. The cure for crazy = down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment