Monday, May 2, 2011

Cousins!

This past weekend Lily and I went to Virginia to visit family. It was a great trip. She travels very well and it was really good to get to see everyone, even if it was brief. All of her grandparents were surprised to see how she is changing and growing up. It's funny but because I see her every day, I almost don't notice how much stronger and more active she is now.

One of the most exciting and fun parts of the weekend was watching Lily "play" with her cousin Jesse. They are starting to get to the point that they can interact. It's super cute! I've posted some pictures of them playing together.

The only issue is that Jesse is used to having Granna, Deano (What Jesse calls my parents), and Mama all to himself! At one point, when Lily was on Hillary's lap, he went over to "hug" her, but actually tried to drag Lily off of his mom's lap! (check out the look on his face in the anove picture!) When I took Lily out to tell my dad goodnight Jesse pushed her away and told her that HE was playing with Deano! When we tried to get them to have their picture taken together and Jesse refused.

He did however want her to come "sleep" in the tent with him and showed her how his puzzle and blocks work. They both enjoyed playing bumper cars with the walkers. I figure they have years of a love/hate relationship in front of them. I only pray that in the end it works out to be love!

1 comment: