Bobbitt's Hole. It was really a lovely hike, although the cicadas were so loud at times we had to shout to hear each other over them. I carried Lily out to the swimming hole. Unbelievably, she fell asleep in the backpack and slept a good chunk of the way. I thought it would be tough to carry her at first because my balance was off, but I quickly got used to it, and even enjoyed it. Bobbitt's hole was beautiful and we definitely plan to return and swim there soon. When Lily woke up we had a little snack and then headed back with Josh carrying her. All it all, it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.Then, yesterday, I took Lily on her first trip to the pool. I got her
all dressed in her rash guard swim suit, plopped on her hat, and slathered my pale baby in sunscreen (any tips for putting that stuff on their face). At first she was not a fan of the cold water, but as I eased her in and let her get used to it, she began to enjoy it and even splash around a bit. I put her in her awesome covered float and she immediately kicked back with her feet up and relaxed. She also quite enjoyed trying to grasp the water with her pincher grip and drink it! A few times she splashed herself in the face and giggled. It was super cute.I am seriously looking forward to summer. Three more weeks and I'm home with my baby! We are going to have such fun!
I get the waterbabies sunscreen stick for my little guy's face. It looks like a big chapstick and is so much easier to use!
ReplyDeleteLily, so cute.............Really family adventure is such a memorable past!Thanks for sharing.....
ReplyDelete