Friday, May 20, 2011

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. My mom sent me a message saying she remembered the day I was born, and it really got me thinking. Why, on our birthdays, do we not call our Mom's and thank them! I know the idea is that we are celebrating that we survived another year of life, but to me that is sort of morbid. I think that instead, we should use this day to say thank you and celebrate the person who gave us life!

I know that for me, the day Lily was born is one I will never forget. When I celebrate with her, I know I will remember and celebrate my own joy as well. I think both my mom and I have a special day worthy of celebrating every May 19th. So, every year, from now on, on my birthday I'll be calling my mom to thank her and celebrate with her!

Another Cool Birthday Idea: I have a friend who's mom calls her every year at the time of her birth to wish her a happy birthday! I think that is an awesome tradition. So, this year, at 11:41pm on September 28th, I'll be whispering to Lily "Happy Birthday" as she sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment