Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Worry

Of course I'm worried about this baby. I'm not sure if it's because of my previous miscarriage, but I have a feeling that all expectant moms feel this worry. I find myself thinking and praying several times a day for the little "grape" (that's what size they say it is this week). The prayer is pretty much always the same and goes something like this "God, please take care of my baby. Please help it grow to be healthy and happy. Keep it safe."

Yesterday, when Josh and I were driving to VA to tell our parents about the baby, who are super excited by the way, I had a realization. I think I'm going to have this same worry and pray this same prayer for the rest of my life. I think a mother's worry and prayer over her child probably never ends. I know my mom prays similar things for my sister and I and my grandmother even prays similar things over her grown children.

Wow..forever is a long time and it's just starting to sink in that this baby will probably be born and will be my child for the rest of my life. Part of that is really exciting, and part of it scares the crap out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment