This has been a tough decision for us. As I said in my previous post, we were just too excited not to tell the people we had dinner with the night we found out. Later that week we also told some other friends of ours who had been praying for us all along the journey. On of my best friends was about to leave for Africa and I had to tell her before she left. After that, things got tricky. It is incredibly hard to talk to my mom and sister on the phone and not tell them. It's not that I'm keeping it a secret "in case something happens". I know that if something happens they'll know about it. With my family it's more that I really want to tell them in person and be able to see their excitement and share hugs. The problem is trying to find time to schedule a trip home has been difficult and it looks like it will be close to the end of the month before we make it. Boo!
Last night we were at a party with some of Josh's co-workers and it's really hard not to just discuss it in conversation because it is such a big part of our life right now. We know, from experience, however, how hard it is to have to go back to those people and tell them when something goes wrong, so for now, we'll hold off. It's just so exciting and such a part of our life that it's really hard not to tell everyone, maybe after we have an ultrasound tomorrow if everything looks good.
No comments:
Post a Comment