Ok, I know that conventional wisdom says that 12 weeks is the point at which a pregnancy is "out of the woods", but I am extremely happy to have made it to 10 weeks and the end of February. I know that it might be a bit superstitious, but this whole pregnancy was way to similar to the first one for my comfort. All along, I just couldn't wait for February to be over and for the 10 week mark to get here. Now, it's here and gone, and it makes me happy!
This joy is not totally based in superstition. My doctor did tell me that it was really at 10 weeks, not 12, that the rate of miscarriage drops to 5%, which is what it will be for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm still not a huge fan of those odds, and I think I'll always be somewhat worried, but I'm starting to feel much more positive that things are going to work out this time.
Me too! (about February being over). Yay for the rest of the year. And I've heard the same thing about 10 weeks.
ReplyDelete