This is the question that everyone asks as soon as they find out you are pregnant and every time they see you afterward. I have no idea how to answer this question. What do they mean? How do I feel physically or emotionally? Do they really want the real answers? They aren't that pretty.
How do I feel physically? Gross...like all food is disgusting. I make Josh cook and have to eat dry cornflakes all day to keep from feeling super gross. I'm also exhausted most of the time, constipated off and on, and gassy almost constantly. Strangely though, I love the fact that I feel gross! It reminds me that something wonderful is going on and since I didn't feel bad at all last time, I take it as a good sign. I'm also happy not to be debilitatingly sick like I know I could be.
How do I feel emotionally? Well, that is a much tougher question. I feel elated, excited, and giddy. I'm dying for the day I can buy maternity clothes and baby things. I want to go and tell everyone I know just how happy I am. I'm secretly looking at baby things and day care online. I feel like this baby is real and is going to show up in September. But I'm also scared to feel that way. I know that things don't always work out. I know that I still have several weeks until the dreaded first trimester is over. I know that I'll be totally devastated if something happens this time. I want more than anything to fast forward to the middle of March. Not that things are ever guaranteed to work out, but for now, that seems like a safe time. I count every single day and wish I could make them all go faster.
So here's your warning. If you ask me how I feel, I might just tell you the truth. Be ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment