Yesterday, Josh and I had our first ultrasound. It was amazingly good. Everything was right on track and the little heart beat was fast and furious! I've heard that that means there is a good chance it will be a girl. I couldn't care less about that, but that heart beat was music to my ears.
I have to admit that I was really anxious going into the ultrasound. I was sure that something would be wrong. I was also sure that even if everything was good, I wouldn't feel comforted because we had an ultrasound right before/during the miscarriage and "everything was good". My wonderful doctor (let me know if you ever need a good reproductive endocrinologist) had actually taken time to go back and look at that previous ultrasound and told us all of the ways this one was different and better, which was very positive. I'm starting to get really excited that we are going to have this baby!
We were so excited that we had to call some one to tell! We ended up having dinner with some of our friends who went through a similar fertility journey and now have two precious children. When we showed them the pictures from the ultrasound, she burst into tears. It was so wonderful to know that someone understands our struggle and now shares in our journey. I am eternally grateful for all the people God put into our life to share this mess and I am super happy to be able to share joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment