This weekend Josh and I went home to Virginia to tell our families about the baby. Aside from me coming down with a little stomach bug, it was a great weekend!
On Friday night, we met Josh's parents for dinner. For some reason I was nervous about telling them, but Josh just sort of blurted it out and they were very excited! Josh's dad called the waitress over so he could tell her. On the way home he got on the phone almost instantly and started telling everyone. The next day they got Josh's old crib out of the basement and started getting it ready so the baby will have a place at their house. Josh's grandmother said it was the best news she's heard in a long time.
Saturday we went to my house and told all of my family. They too were very excited. Like Josh's family, my Mom wanted to call people and tell them right away! One of my second cousins started sobbing on the phone. I think my sister and brother-in-law were the most excited. It will be so much fun for their son to have a cousin who is just a year younger. Christmas at my parent's house will never be the same!
We did notice one interesting thing as we were telling everyone. We would say that we were expecting and they would show some slight excitement, but would almost instantly ask how far along we are. After we said we were almost ten weeks, there was almost always a sigh of relief and then real joy. I know what they are thinking and feeling because we've thought and felt it too. The worry that this could be a repeat of last time. I have to admit that there is still some pressure, especially now that "everyone" knows, but I know that we just have to trust and have faith that things will work out. It was very encouraging to see how many people have been praying for us and now share our joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment