Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baby Names

Yesterday, one of the few friends who knows we are expecting asked me if we had thought about baby names. The answer is yes, we have been talking about names since before we got pregnant the first time. Will we discuss our possible choices, no. We got burned a bit with that before when we mentioned some of the names we were thinking only to have some negative feedback. Not cool.

So, Josh and I have made a pact. We will not discuss our name choices with anyone. Feel free to suggest names you love, but you will see no further discussion of names here and don't expect us to discuss it when we see you. Our plan is to announce the name after the baby arrives. And, for the record, when someone does mention a name they are thinking of for their baby, it's best to just smile and nod!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I will do the same when its my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did that and are so happy that we did... however we named our little girl Elizabeth, but now everyone is weighing in on a nick name. Ugh. saying I hate Liz or I cannot stand Eliza... Really? we will decide or she will decide and that is that.

    ReplyDelete