Monday, March 7, 2011

Lily's Friends

There were a surprising number of babies born within a few months of Lily. Lily and I have been hanging out quite a bit with other moms with babies around Lily's age. It's is fun for all! Lily loves to grab her friends, although I'm not sure how much they love it, and I enjoy hanging out with other people who get peed on and constantly have spit up somewhere on their clothing! :)

One of my favorite things about hanging out with other moms is the affirmation that we offer each other. You can read about what to do in books. Your husband can even offer his two cents. But there is just something about another mom with a happy baby who affirms that it is ok to only wash bottles in hot soapy water and not sanitize them, or to only bathe your baby every third day.

Of course all of our babies are different. Some babies poop every day while others blow out diapers every three days. Some love being on their tummies, others their backs. Some nurse for fifteen minutes, some for thirty. At one point, this would all have concerned me and I would wonder why my baby isn't like theirs, but I'm slowly learning that it is what makes each baby unique and special, not a sign that anything is wrong with any baby.

I can't wait to watch all of these little ones grow up and develop into their own little people. Lily is a lucky girl to have so many friends!

*Pictures are of Lily and Elorie Minter and Noah & Abby Stephens respectfully. Laurel and Christine...send me pics of Hud and Autumn with Lily and I'll add them!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard these groups are great however I am saddened by a few friends who have forgotten about their child-less friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's forgetting about the child-less friends...it's just that life changes so much when a baby comes into your life.

    It's surprising really how what you want to do after the little one comes along changes.

    ReplyDelete