Whenever my backpacking loving father comes to visit, we must go to REI. Today was no different, except it was the annual Garage Sale. Unbeknownst to us, this yearly event, where they open up their back room and sell off all of the returned merchandise, is a pretty big deal. Apparently there was a line starting early this morning to get a number to get in, but, by the time we were there at 4pm, it was fairly cleaned out.My dad still managed to find a pair of gently used Vasque hiking boots (which are supposedly pretty good) for $10. But the most amazing find of all was a Sherpani backpack child carrier for $35! These things usually retail for $150-$200, and the only reason it was returned is because the previous user thought it was uncomfortable. It looks like it was hardly used! It was posted at $70, but they agreed to give it to us for half price since the day was drawing to a close and apprently this was its second garage sale. We couldn't say no.
Josh and Dad have been trying for a while to convince me to go backpacking, but I have to admit I was less than interested. I would not have dreamed of paying full price for one of these packs and didn't really think we'd ever use one. After putting Lily in the pack and toting her around the store to her delight, however, I'm ready to go for a hike!
Love the look on both of your faces :) joy joy :)
ReplyDeleteWe have a backpack and love it! Our little guy is 16 months old now and we've been using it since he was about 8 months. You'll find all kinds of things you can use it for - my husband takes him outside to do yard work, and I vacuum with him in it! You'll see once you have a toddler...it's entertaining for them, and you can get some things done.
ReplyDeleteWe returned that backpack because Corey and I were too tall for it! We literally used it once. I'm so glad that you found it and got such an awesome deal.
ReplyDelete