Friday, March 4, 2011

The First Cold

Well, it had to happen sometime...Lily has a cold. She is, however, an amazingly happy sick baby. Aside from being slightly less inclined to nurse and making some strange sounds, she doesn't even act sick at all. In fact, if her pediatrician hadn't told me babies don't get seasonal allergies, I would have sworn that is what is going on.

Her symptoms have been classic allergy. She has had a stuffy nose and irritated eyes. I did end up taking her to the pediatrician because her eyes have been red and gooky, and I was afraid she had some sort of eye infection. The doctor, however, thinks that the eye stuff is just related to the cold. I just hope it doesn't get worse and doesn't last long.

1 comment:

  1. I've read that the glands between nose and eyes don't totally shut off and everything is connected, even more so than as grown ups, until they're about a year old. So the snot from a cold can easily come out her eyeballs. Gross! ;-)

    ReplyDelete