Saturday, January 1, 2011

They Grow Up So Fast!

Just this past week, Lily turned three months old. As I believe I've mentioned before, the passing of time is a strange thing. Sometimes it seems like she has always been with us, and sometimes it surprises me how much time has passed.

It's funny, but now she seems to be getting bigger and heavier almost every day. When I look back at pictures of me holding her those first few weeks she seems so tiny and fragile. Now she is a strong hearty girl. She holds her head up and has started to smile and laugh in delight. It is precious and I love to see how she is learning and exploring now.

But I have to admit that I am quite sentimental and a bit sad about her "growing up" so fast. Yesterday I packed away most of her three month clothes because she is too big for them. (Well, I should say she is to long for them. Many of them would still fit around, but her little legs can't stretch out in anything with feet!) It made me tear up a little. I love her in those little clothes, just like I loved her in her newborn clothes and it seems like she hardly wore any of them. It simply amazes me how fast they grow!

Look at the pictures below. You'll notice that in the first two pictures the baby is cuddled up against me, and in the second two she is looking up at me, but in the last, and most recent one, she is facing out as if watching the world...sigh!

I know this might sound crazy, but I'm already missing the newborn days and starting to think about having another little one. I always thought I would want a boy next to round things out, but I'm starting to see how nice it would be to have another little girl. Who knows, maybe by this time in a year or two there'll be another little girl to wear all of those cute clothes!

Look at that growing baby!
1 week

3 weeks

5 weeks

8 weeks

12 weeks

2 comments: