Monday, January 10, 2011

Leaving Lily Part 3

Success...On Friday night Josh and I joined some friends for a double date! It was the first time I've left her with a sitter and actually really enjoyed myself and not worried about her at all. I will admit that I thought about her a time or two, but I wasn't really worried. Perhaps it was the good company, good food, and good wine. Perhaps it was that I knew she was in good hands.

The friends 13 year old daughter volunteered to watch Lily while we were out. She is the most responsible 13 year old I know and she is wonderful with the babies, but I have to admit that I was a little nervous about leaving Lily with someone so young. I was thrilled when my friend Sarah volunteered to stay with the girls as well. Sarah has been around Lily quite a bit and is one of the "baby whisperers" who is able to easily soothe her or put her to sleep. I knew that between the two of them, Lily would be totally fine.

All of this has got me thinking that I might actually enjoy and look forward to leaving her sometimes. In fact, the last two times I've tried to take her shopping have been less than successful. She is getting to the point that she is no longer content to just sit or sleep in her stroller. I used to be able to take her out when she was sleepy and count on her sleeping in the stroller. Now, she fights sleep in the stroller and gets fussy. I've resorted to carrying her while pushing the stroller which makes shopping virtually impossible.

Don't get me wrong. I still sort of have a dread of leaving her, but perhaps babysitters might be my new best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment