Ok...so I know these don't really count as snow days since I'm not even really back at work yet, but I have to say that I've really relished these last days home with little Lily. They seem like extra little stolen bits of wonderfulness! You see, Tuesday was supposed to be our first day with her new nanny. She was going to come and spend the day shadowing us to get a feel for Lily's routine. Then today I was going to leave Lily with her and go out for part of the day. *As much as I know I have to go back to work. As much as I think it will probably be good for me to go back to work. As much as I know that Lily will be well taken care of. I dreaded Tuesday coming. When I got the two calls that told me school was canceled Tuesday and today, which meant our nanny would be with her kids, not coming here, I rejoiced.
Lily and I have spent the last two days at home enjoying each other. Yesterday we went back to sleep after her morning feeding and didn't even get out of our pajamas all day. We have had extra snuggle time and even took a nap curled up together in my bed. We've been able to establish a good eating and sleeping schedule, and had lots of fun play time. She has been a super happy, smiley, and talkative baby, and I've loved every minute of it.
I sit here writing this with Lily on my lap and tears streaming down my face. These two extra days have been a real blessing, but I'm afraid they are making this even harder by prolonging the inevitable. I just have to hope that there are a few more snow days before this winter is over!
*This photo was taken of Lily's first snow a few weeks before Christmas. This most recent one was not nearly as pretty.
I am thinking of you my dear and hoping the transition goes smoothly.
ReplyDelete