My first week back to work was great and I was glad to be back. This week, however was pretty rough. Last week I got to go home right after school and had Lily in my arms by 3:45 every day. This week I had to stay after school for parent conferences until 6pm on Tuesday. Had a late faculty meeting until 5pm on Wednesday, and had to go to a doctor appointment after work on Thursday. Throw in my nanny's son getting hurt at school and Josh having to be at work early on Friday and this week turned into a scheduling nightmare.
I don't like disorder or change of routine. I hated being away from Lily so much. I began to doubt that returning to work was really what I wanted to do. I cried more than once including about an hour long mid-day stretch on Tuesday because I just didn't know what to do. I felt like a bad mom and a bad teacher because I knew that neither was getting all of me because I was worried about the other. Now that we are past it, I can look back and see that everything worked out just fine, and Lily probably hardly noticed, but at the time it was really tough. For now I'll just celebrate the weekend and pray that weeks like this are few and far between.
P.S. It's almost 10pm on Saturday and I just really realized that yesterday was Lily's four month birthday...they are seriously coming too fast!
i'm sorry mamie... being a working mom is a tough gig. i know you will handle it beautifully - & even with a rough week here and there, lily is an abundantly lucky girl to have you for a mom. xo
ReplyDeleteI agree with Rachel.
ReplyDelete