Friday, June 18, 2010

Today's Midwife Visit

Holy Cow! Today's visit to the midwife was good, but a bit scary. She did spend more than time with me than last time, which was good. Everything with the baby seems right on track, and her size and heart beat are perfect, which is great!

However, part of the protocol for the 26 week visit is to discuss the signs and symptoms of pre-term labor. That is where the holy cow part comes in. It was a bit crazy to think that some babies are born this early. I hope and pray that isn't the case with our little one, and I have no reason to think it will be, but the discussion just made the whole thing really real!

I don't think I'll have contractions or water breakage any time soon, but I will have them, and it won't be too long. Ideally I still have 14 weeks, but there is definitely a chance it won't be quite that long. I guess I've never thought too much about her coming early, but it's totally possible. I was born two weeks early.

We've got to start getting ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment