Making a baby registry is hard!A few weeks ago I posted a survey about baby stuff and was amazed at the responses. Thank you very much to all of you who responded! Someone suggested that I compile all of the responses and post the results here. Sadly, there was no general consensus. That would be too easy. In the end, I have had to take what people suggested, a plethora of internet research, info from the Consumer Reports Best Baby Products and Baby Bargains books (thanks Bob), and my own preferences and instincts and mesh them together.
I'm going to use the next series of posts to explain my choices and why I chose them. Starting with the infant car seat. In the end, it came down to the Graco Snugride and the Chicco KeyFit I've decided to register for the Graco Snugride. This one was recommended by quite a few of my friends. It is the Best rated by Baby Bargains as being "excellent, easy to use and install". It is also more affordable than the Chicco. One of my main reasons for choosing it is the carrying weight. I am not a strong girl and the Snugride only weighs only 7.5 pounds compared to the 11 pound Chicco.
Surprisingly, one of the toughest decisions was what colors to select. At first I really thought I wanted the Mickey Mouse version, but Josh was opposed, and I decided it was a bit dark and masculine. It's fairly tough to resist all of the cute pink and purple, but I know that as soon as I got it we'd have a boy next. Sadly, I couldn't find the car seat I want in the greens that I would like, so, I've settled for a nice pretty light blue and brown which I think is fairly gender neutral.
And don't forget, that carrying weight is 7.5 pounds PLUS whatever your kid weighs. Natalie was close to 20 pounds before we started taking her out of the carrier to put in the stroller. It gets heavy ... and your arms get buff :-)
ReplyDelete