Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Stroller

Choosing a stroller to put on our registry was on of the toughest decisions because there are so many options. Several of our friends have the Graco or Chicco travel systems and like them, but in the past, I've found them heavy to lug in and out of the car and not super maneuverable. After checking them out, I decided that wasn't the way I wanted to go. So, Josh and I headed to Babies-R-Us (his favorite store) to check out our other options.

When shopping with my friend a few months ago, we discovered the snap 'n go concept. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the snap 'n go is a metal frame that holds the infant carrier. It is very light weight and easy to handle, so we decided to go with that for the infant phase. We tried several of them, which all seemed very similar, so we chose the Graco model to go with her infant car seat. It seemed really easy to fold and unfold, to get the seat into and out of, and secure once the seat is in place, so I think we'll like it.

For our "bigger kid" stroller, we decided we wanted something more "all terrain" that would be easier to maneuver over various surfaces. Several friends mentioned how difficult their standard strollers were over rough gravel and even grass. When doing some research, I discovered that the best "all terrain" strollers have three "real" wheels, with a front one that rotates. There are quite a few expensive models, which were tempting, but Josh really liked the look fo the Jeep Liberty Terrain stroller and the Baby Bargains book calls it an "excellent affordable choice", so we're going to give it a try.

We'll probably also get a cheap umbrella stroller for trips to the mall and such once she is bigger. These are very affordable, light, and easy to take anywhere. They will also support bigger kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment