Monday, July 5, 2010

Music to Her Ears

This weekend Baby Hall attend her father's first big music event! Josh and his band Dry River Trio performed at the Festival for the Eno. Since one of the purposes of this blog is to record the events that occur as we await her arrival, I thought it was important to include this event! According to my baby development books, she is at the point now where she can hear sounds, especially loud ones like amplified music, from outside the womb, so I like to think that she heard it all! It was a fun and exciting day for the Hall family and I'm glad she and I were there for it.

One of my wishes for my daughter is that she will develop a love of, and hopefully a talent for, music. Sadly, I have absolutely no musical talent. I played the clarinet very badly for many years, but that is about the extent of it. Josh, on the other hand is quite talented. Music is just something that comes easy to him, and I pray that our little girl gets that from her dad! I'm sure that I'll teach her many things, but I'll leave the music up to him. I keep telling him that he'll have to be the one to sing her lullabies!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Hope your summer is awesome!

    ReplyDelete