Last night Josh and both rushed to get to her house a little after 6 to look at it. I rang the doorbell, and no one was home. I was a little annoyed, but decided to call her. When she answered the phone she was somewhat hostile (at least to my hormonal ears) and said that I was supposed to call her at 5 if I was still coming and that someone else was coming to get it. I started to get angry. I was rude. I hung up on her.
I'll admit that I got irrationally upset. I ranted and cried. I know Josh though I was overreacting. I was. I blame the hormones, but it just really pissed me off. I wanted this dresser, I was already making plans to paint it, I worked out things to drive all the way to Hillsborough (okay, it's not that far, but it is certainly out of the way), and now she was saying it was my fault and making up something about how I was supposed to call her and come by 5:30, which was never mentioned? It also made me mad that she said, and I have in writing, that she would let me know if someone else was interested. I guess this is what I should expect dealing with people online, but I think I tend to assume people will do what they say.
Grr...now it's back to searching.
P.S. Luckily the evening was salvaged by meeting our lovely friends and their two boys in Hillsborough for dinner and then play time in their backyard. After which, Josh was very excited about having his own little ones to play with soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment