All the books warn you to be careful when you are pregnant because you can become clumsy. I have noticed that I've bumped into things a bit more frequently, but yesterday I had my first actually painful accident. I was in the process of making some yummy Thai food for dinner while Josh was working on some recording. I went to take the fish sauce bottle out of the fridge and it slipped out of my hand. It probably would have broken if it hadn't landed on my foot!It hurt...I mean it seriously hurt. I'm pretty sure I screamed several words that would not love for my little one to hear. So I'm standing there in the kitchen, on one foot, afraid that my toe(s) are broken and knowing that I can't walk on that foot. I was sure that Josh, with his headphones on, hadn't heard what happened, and I had no idea what I was going to do. Luckily for me, the crash, or my curses, had been loud enough and Josh did come to my rescue. He helped me get into a seat, brought me ice, and saved my caramel sauce just in time!
While it is still quite bruised and a bit swollen, I don't think I actually broke anything. I am a little sad though because I really wanted a pedicure this week, but I'm afraid it will be too painful!
That bruise looks awful! You poor thing!! Hope it heals very quickly!
ReplyDeleteI was going to ask you if you wanted me to bring my pedi supplies Thursday so I can paint your toes for you. Much cheaper than a real pedi (especially down here -- you know they're only $15 in NY?). I don't have any cool colors like the blue you have on now, but I have some nice pinks I can share!
Ummm.....OUCH! Hope it feels better quickly.
ReplyDeleteyikes!!! ouch!!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm glad you are relatively okay. Having a painful foot sucks!
ReplyDelete