Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Tooth!

Horray! Lily has the start of a tooth. Yesterday, I was doing the feel of her gums that has become a regular part of our day, and I felt the start of a tooth! It is the lower right front. I called Josh right away and made him feel it as soon as he got home!

I was honestly starting to think she wasn't going to get any. Most of her friends, who are younger than her, have been getting teeth for a while. While she was chewing and drooling for a while, she didn't seem to be having actual teeth coming through.

The great news is that it doesn't seem to be bothering her much, if at all! I have lots of teething toys, but she doesn't seem to interested in any of them. Yesterday, she had her first teething biscuit. I'm not a hundred percent sold on those things. She did really enjoy it and it kept her quite and occupied for a while we were out to dinner. But, they aren't supposed to be able to get choke size pieces, but Lily did. They are also incredibly messy! I might just stick to hunks of bagel.

3 comments:

  1. The teething biscuits always scared me. Natalie did the same thing, too - she gummed one until she broke off a hunk about the size of a bite of hot dog. We ended up putting a couple of her pacifiers in the freezer and that worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian's been working on the same 2 teeth for 3 months. She has 1-2 mm of one and just a white line on the other. They are taking forever! And sometimes she does need Orajel. Glad to hear Lily's not bothered.

    ReplyDelete