This afternoon Josh, Lily, and I headed to 9th Street in Durham for some lunch at Elmo's. After lunch we walked down 9th street to get some coffee. Along the way, we stumbled upon Ox and Rabbit Soda and Sundries. What a delightful little store! As the name suggests it's part soda fountain and part unique boutique. We were too full from lunch and coffee to try the soda, but spent quite a while perusing the boutique.
I was drawn in by a display of Baggu reusable shopping bags in the window. For a while I had been wanting some of these easily foldable bags. We have a lot of reusable shopping bags, but they are somewhat cumbersome and I never can seem to remember to put them back in the car after unloading them. It also always seems like a lot of work to carry them and Lily around the store while shopping. I got three Baggu bags that fold up very small and zip into a little pouch which will keep them handy in the diaper bag or my purse! Perfect!
However, I have to tell you that it was very hard to restrict myself to just that one small purchase. Ox and Rabbit had so many other cute things. Along with unique stationary and all sorts of home goods, they have a large variety of things for kids. The adorable sock puppets and a cool place mat for kids that they can draw on over and over again and easily erase were probably the two most tempting things for me, but Josh was drawn to a drawing of a banjo!I'll admit that their prices are a bit high, but not exorbitant for such interesting finds. I'll definitely venture there again when I'm looking for a cute gift or wanting an old fashion soda!
No comments:
Post a Comment