Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lily and the Kitties

Since Lily has become mobile, her chief goal is to capture our two cats. If one of them comes within her sight, she lets out an excited little squeal and is off after them. The funny thing is that the two of them have responded very differently to her advances.

Mr. Sophie seems to enjoy the attention. He is incredibly tolerant. He will let her grab him and roll around on him without even hardly flinching. He could easily escape, but chooses to stick around and let her wallow him. It's sort of cute, but I sometimes feel bad for the poor cat and have to intervene.

Nutmeg, on the other hand, is trying to kill Lily. I'm pretty sure. She does not like being gotten, but she is tricky about her escape. She doen't just flee and hide somewhere. No, she tries to lure Lily to her death. If we are downstairs, she will stay just out of Lily's reach and go to the steps where she stops about four steps up and flicks her tail to lure Lily to try to climb after her. If we are upstairs, she does the same thing, only going about four stairs down. I am convinced she knows that Lily can't navigate the stairs and is trying to get rid of the little pest that keeps chasing her! :)

1 comment:

  1. So I sense Mr. Sophie is spending more time indoors :D

    I think Nutmeg is playing cat & mouse.

    ReplyDelete