Monday, July 11, 2011

Beach Baby: Advice Needed

In two weeks we are headed to Ocracoke! I am super excited. If you haven't been to Ocracoke, you should go. It is by far our favorite beach. It's quite remote, you have to take a ferry to get there, and never very crowded. In fact, there is absolutely no development on the beach itself. All of the hotels and rental houses are in the roughly one square mile Ocracoke Village. There is beach access in walking distance, but we always preferred to drive down the island a few miles, park on the side of the road, and walk over the dunes to our own private beach access! It is heaven.

In years past, we had a good system. We took a cooler, two beach chairs, an umbrella, a book, and some fishing gear. There we would remain most of the day. Me with my feet in the water, a book in my hands, and a cool drink. Josh, with his feet in the water, a fishing rod in his hands, and a cool drink. It was heaven.

Something tells me that this year will be different. I need the help of those of you who have take your little ones to the beach! I'm not even sure exactly what to expect with a little one. I know that we will not be able to spend long stretches of time on the beach. I'm thinking about getting one of these tents for her to play in on the beach. Does anyone have experience with one (or one they would want to loan us!)? I also, at the suggestion of a friend, got a cheap inflatable pool we can put seawater in for her to play in on the beach. Does anyone have any other helpful hints from past experiences?

1 comment:

  1. Take your pack n play, and a handheld vac to get the sand out later!, and a light blanket. Drape or pin the blanket over which provides shade, and you can see her through the mesh sides.

    ReplyDelete