Monday, February 21, 2011

Washing Bottles*

This might sound strange, but I actually enjoy washing Lily's bottles. We have made it a bit of a ritual when I come home. After I nurse her, I sit her in her bouncy seat in the kitchen while I wash all of the day's bottles. Josh asked me one day why our nanny doesn't just wash them after she uses them, and I'm sure she would if I asked her to, but I don't really want her to.

It's not that I don't think she'll do it right or anything like that. It's just that I like doing it. I think it just seems like a normal "mommy" task to me. Plus, I think washing, along with fixing her bottles, sort of connects me to her feedings even though I'm not there for them. It's just one little way that I can take care of her even when I'm not taking care of her!

*An interesting note about bottles: We've tried several different kinds, and my nanny definitely prefers the Playtex Ventaire advanced. She says she takes it better and isn't as gassy. We have moved up to medium flow nipples because it was taking her too long to eat. When I'm giving her a bottle though, she does not like the Ventaire. She struggles against it and spits it out. With me, and Josh, she likes the plain Madela one with the slow flow nipple. It may make her more gassy, but she takes it easier. I have no idea why.

2 comments:

  1. We use the playtex ventaires too. I just got a few more so I'm no longer washing bottles after every other feeding, which is nice. Megan loves the wide shape (we use the wide-neck) and gets her mouth over the entire thing. It's really cute! I do love how they open on both ends so they're super easy to get clean, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, whatever works! My kids loved the Dr. Brown bottles, there was a lot of parts to clean. I understand where your coming from on cleaning the bottles! I was the sameway and would wash them up at the end of the day. I would let them sit in soapy water and then wash them.

    ReplyDelete