I knew that babies poop a lot. I had heard that a newborn will go through as many as ten diapers a day. Still, I was not really prepared for the quantity of poop that Lily would generate. It is truly shocking. At this point, Lily is four weeks old and we have gone through at least 250 diapers*! That's not including all of the ones she used that first week in the hospital.Granted, a few of those diapers were "wasted" because she peed or pooped as I was in the changing process. Which, is also shocking by the way. I've heard of baby boys spraying their parents, but never expected it from my little girl. Apparently, if she needs to go bad enough, she can get quite some spray. Needless to say, I've learned quickly to open the diaper and wait posed to recover!
The other shocking thing about Lily's poops is the sound. You definitely know when she has filled her diaper because you can hear it from across the room! It is hard to imagine that such a precious little one can generate the grossest squishy sound. Josh tends to turn his head and walk away every time he hears it (although he has changed a few). She also makes this really funny face! It is so funny that we decided to capture it on film! You can watch it here! Make sure to let it play all the way through to the end.
*A note about diapers - We've set up an Amazon Mom account to "subscribe" to diapers (and formula) which we found to be the best deal. We have now tried three different kinds and Pampers Baby Dry are the ones with the least amount of leaks. Lily's little legs are so small that the Target and Babies-R-Us brand diapers all had very leaky legs, which led to changes of clothes for Lily (and sometime me) every time she pooped.
never thought a post about poop could be so cute... :P
ReplyDeleteHey! Peyton had a slight problem with leakage and I was told to try Luvs and she has no problems since. I gave my sister this advice with baby Nora and she was surprised to on how well they worked. Just wanted to share this with you.
ReplyDeleteStephanie Greer Harper
The pampers swaddlers are the best, at least for both my kiddos!
ReplyDelete