Thursday, October 28, 2010

When Lily Cries...

...my heart breaks. As I sit here writing this post, Josh is upstairs rocking Lily and trying to comfort her and get her to sleep. This afternoon has been a bit of a rough one. I think Lily might be going through a growth spurt and is having a tough time napping because she thinks she is hungry. She hasn't really had a nap since 10am, which is very uncommon for her. Granted she has slept five minutes here and twenty minutes there, but in between she has nursed a lot, had bottles of breast milk and formula, and fussed way more than normal.

This is the hardest thing on a mom, or at least it is on me. I feel like she should be well fed (she nursed for a long time and had a bottle). She has a clean diaper. She is swaddled safe and warm. But still, she is not happy. I'm pretty sure she is exhausted, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Some say to let her cry. We've tried that, and it does work sometimes, but it is excruciating for me and doesn't always work. I try to cuddle and comfort her, but if I hold her she thinks she should be eating more even though I have nothing more to give her. So, Josh is giving it a try and...as of about three minutes ago...there is quiet! I pray it lasts.

1 comment:

  1. Your 8th period class misses you sooooo much! They can't wait for you to get back:).

    ReplyDelete