Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Life with Lily!

Life with Lily is finally settling in. Once we started feeding her enough, we discovered that she is really a very good baby. She eats well, has some happy awake time, and then goes to sleep. We've been able to take her out quite a bit. Last Friday we went to Josh's DRT concert and she was great! She's been to Target, the mall, Parker and Otis, and even Weaver Street (which celebrated her first visit with a marching band!).

The fact that she is pretty easy to take out is absolutely wonderful for me. We go somewhere almost every day. While I love her more than words and do spend a large amount of time holding her and looking at her, I also get a bit bored. For me, going out to visit friends or shopping has been an essential part of feeling normal! Josh and I live a pretty active life and I'm so happy that Lily seems to be ready for it!

Now I'm just trying to decide what is the best vehicle for taking her out. She loves to be in her car seat in the car or a stroller, and most of the time I just leave her in there, but I'm debating other methods of carrying her. We've tried her in the Moby wrap some around the house and she likes it sometimes, but also gets upset fairly easily. A friend loaned me a Slingaroo sling to try, and while she was content in it, I thought it was a little uncomfortable for me. I also have a Jeep version of a baby bjorn a friend gave us, which I want to try. I've also heard wonderful things about the Ergo carrier and would like to try one of those. Any suggestions/ideas?

1 comment: