Tuesday, October 19, 2010

3 Weeks Old!

Wow...I can't believe Lily is three weeks old. On one hand it seems like time has flown by and on the other they have been some of the longest three weeks of my life. I'm over blogger block enough now to admit that it has been really tough and there have been a lot of tears. I blame most of them on the hormones, but this whole being a mom thing really is the toughest thing I've ever done.

You see, I'm a person who likes to be in control and do the "right" thing. As it turns out, this is not possible with a infant. I have spent many hours wondering and worrying if I am doing what is right for Lily, but now am starting to realize that I have to trust my instinct and realize that as long as I love her (which I do more than I ever thought possible), feed her, and change her diaper, she'll be fine.

As noted in the last post, the feeding piece has been a bit of a challenge. But today, perhaps because time has passed, perhaps because of the good report from the doctor, perhaps because of receding hormones, I finally feel somewhat at peace for the first time since before her birth. I can feel myself starting to trust that everything is going to be okay and that Josh and I can do this.

I want to say a huge thank you to all of you who have shared your wisdom and support these first weeks. You have no idea how much it has helped both of us when we felt at our wits end to know that others had been there and survived. We are so blessed to have such an amazing group of family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you even "worry what's right" makes you an awesome mom! You and Josh are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the GREAT work momma! I also agree with what Angela said!!!!

    ReplyDelete