Monday, July 12, 2010

When it Rains it Poors...

...babies that is. At least in my group of friends! This past Sunday Josh and I had our first baby shower. It was lovely and I send out a huge thank you to everyone who was involved in making it such a special day. Josh sends out a not so big thank you for making him eat "Macaroni and Cheese" baby food! :)

It was the first time that this group of friends has all gathered in one place for a while and it was amazing to realize how many of us have growing bellies. Out of the eleven women there, six of us were expecting! That is more than half. It's crazy, but also very exciting. It will be so much fun to all have our little ones around the same time. I really wish we had taken time to take pictures.

I have to admit that, in writing this, I am feeling very grateful that, this time around, I'm part of the group that got poured on. Many of these girls were part of the first group of my friends to get pregnant two years ago when I was first trying. At that point, it was a real difficulty for me to see so many of their big bellies. Now, as I join them, I feel so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Love you Mamie! We're celebrating this beautiful new life growing inside you! She's going to be amazing - we can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete